Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm still here!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted! Oops! But I have been knitting, so let's just jump to that! :D (I have been ill again as well, seems like I'm not getting rid of it this Winter, pff!)

First off, I knitted 2 scarfs in very short periods of time. One I don't have pictures of. My sister asked for a scarf for a friend about a week in advance. Didn't need to be anything special as she apparently only gets stupid stuff from the friend. So I took some white superwash wool and knitted a quick small scarf. Didn't like it that much in the end, but it's gifted and well, wasn't to badly recieved!

Then, the second one I knit up was in PS3 colours, lots of red! :D



PS3 Fire - Scarf



Pattern : My So Called Scarf
Yarn : Thick 'n Thin wool from a cone, 200gr
Needles : 8mm I think
Started/Finished : March 2nd till March 9th

Quick, nice knit and the scarf is a lot longer then I had planned! But I just kept knitting till I ran out of yarn. I still need to measure it, but it's long!! :D


PS3 Fire - Scarf (close-up)



Slightly shows the texture, but I need better pictures. I do like how it turned out (most of these are knit out of a very regular yarn).


Then I also spend a lot of time knitting some easter decorations! And i loved it! Here ya go :




Easter eggs 01





Easter Eggs 02

I'm now officially labelled totally crazy by my family. But I like these!

Pattern : Knitted Easter Eggs by Little Cotton Rabbits

Yarn : various sock yarns, left overs!

Needles : 2.5mm

I used polystyrene eggs as the "filling". I might knit a few more as I dyed up some yellow and green yarn to get some more done. My socks yarns are very limited in colours, or at least the solids are ! Again I need some better pictures but I didn't want to go any longer without blogging so I took them rather quicky in the morning light.

Last week I went to a handwork fair and brought home some yarn that's a bit out of my comfort zone. I wanted a warm brown, but didn't find it (mind you, there were only 2 interesting yarn booths at the fair!). With PS3 in mind I decided to go for some dark red/orange yarn. I think I'll like it! Well, I do, but I'm curious how it'll knit up!




Swatch Bluebell Sweater



It's Highland Tweed from Klaziens Kreatie (Dutch store). I'm swatching and I think it'll become the Bluebell sweater from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel (Ravelry link). Rather difficult decission as I like many sweaters from this book, but I need to start somewhere!

There's more to write about, but it's late and I want to knit a little more before I go to bed! Happy knitting!



Ps.: Someone reminded me my blogs anniversary is coming up. Didn't even notice it last year, so I'll try to remember this year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angelika said...

Oooh, I love those eggs. They are just too cute and it's a good way to use up all those little scraps of sock yarn. I followed the link. Thanks.

2:01 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

I've been away from reading, so actually didn't seem like you were away ;) I LOVE your eggs! Funny last night in my journal I was drawing bunnies!

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home