Sunday, February 24, 2008

In love!

I'm totally in love with my newest FO! It was on my to-do list for the longest time, but never got around to it. I even dyed the yarn for it ages ago. But, my bike ride to the train station last week made me motivated again to pick it up! I always have cold ears when I ride my bike and somehow I never manage to knit my hats long enough. Due to the cold ears I get a major headache and honestly, that's not a nice way to start the day. So here you go :



IMG_Calorimetry03

Pattern : Calorimetry

Yarn: Annell St Vith, handdyed by me

Needles : 4mm

Started : Februari 22, 2008

Finished : Februari 24, 2008

When I first dyed the yarn the idea was to hold it together with a black yarn to get a thicker yarn. So I started on 5mm needles, adding black sock yarn. I soon saw it was going to be huge. So on Friday evening I ripped, and started over. With the handdyed yarn only, and on 4mm needles. Really scared I wouldn't make it with the yardage. I hardly knit on it on Saturday, so most of the knitting was done today. I cast off with my regular method, but didn't like it at all. So, ripped back and did a sewn bind of. Perfect! Only had about a meter to spare!

I found a vintage button, sewed it on and went out into the sunshine to take some pictures. I love it! I love the colour, I love how the fabric turned out on 4mm needles, I love the fit! I'm also planning a few more of these ! :D I'm so sure I'll use it a lot. And well, I might knit a few as gifts. They are so easy and fun!

And unfortunately, that's all I have to show. It's going to be a rather dissapointing month. I didn't make my goals for the Stash Knit down 2008 and there's no time left to get there. But hey, I just keep knitting!



PS. : My hair was cut and coloured last Thursday and it looks so neat with the band!

5 Comments:

Blogger bookwoman said...

I've been debating whether or not to add this to my to-do list. With a review like this, I'll move it to the top. The color is beautiful!

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous :) I made one too last year, but I never wear it. It is too wide and so as my hair's still wet when I go outside in the mornings, it would stick out at weird angles once I'd get to the office.
Cheers Eva

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

on my to-do list - for very long! Yours turned out great!

10:01 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Happy Birthday to your dear dog..time has flown I remember the puppy pics! I absolutely love your head band! Where did you get the pattern (sorry if you said..) do you think it would work loosely around the neck, too? Don't you love when you make something just right?

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home