Monday, January 28, 2008

Finishing up

At Stash Down 2008 we could determine our own goals for February. Though there are plenty of things I would like to accomplish (does this month has extra hours, please?) I decided to go with finishing up WIPs. Or UFOs. I'm not one who easily names a project an UFO. I officially have only 2, and I'm unsure wether I'll finish them.



Anyway, finishing up. Here are 2 projects I recently finished, one had been on the needles quite a while!

Boyfriend socks 01

Pattern : For better or worsted socks
Yarn : Jawoll colour action, and some Annell for the contrast
Needles : 2,5mm addi turbo
Started : June or July 2007
Finished : January 2008

Modifications : this pattern is originally written for worsted weight yarn, but as you can see I knitted them out of fingering. I just did more repeats! I used the reinforcement thread from the Jawoll together with the Annell green yarn for the heels and toes!

Boyfriend likes them. He seems to like my handknitted socks as he often asks for them and seems to wear them a lot! :D Doesn't ask me to knit them though.


Following FO hasn't been on the needles that long, but I'm still happy it's finished.

Nightshade gloves

Pattern : Mermaid gloves, based on the famous Pomatomus socks
Yarn : Spunky Club yarn Nightshade (Tough Sock yarn)
Needles : 2mm addi turbo
Started : November 2007
Finished : January 2008

I used the idea for these but no pattern, I made it all up. I used 2mm needles and the original stitch count (72). I love knitting on finer needles! These were quick and easy, but I remember putting them aside to knit the Christmas socks. I made them extra long to decently cover my wrists. I'm really happy with them! Oh, and I have plenty of yarn left, might be able to knit a pair of socks from it (or something alike!).



So this is it for now. This morning I put some yarn in my bag to cast on for another project. The reason is that I don't have many projects that are really portable. I have a pair of gloves (on the thumb of the first one) but I realized when finishing up the mermaid gloves that knitting gloves on a train is not that handy. Especially the fingers that is. The socks I have on the needles right now are all to big to be really portable (knee-highs with colourwork, so heavy socks) so I think I'll be casting on for an easy pair of socks today!

But I have to say my urge to finish FOs is quite strong! :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're getting a whole extra day in February :):):):)!!! You want even more hours than that???

Gorgeous gloves!!!!

Cheers Eva

1:16 PM  
Blogger Silja Devine said...

I love the socks!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Your mermaids look gorgeous. I haven't even knit the socks yet. I like this pattern for mittens. :o)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home