Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Wonderland!

Winter Wonderland 20/12/07



It feels so much like Winter and Christmas over here! We even had some light snow this morning! To bad it's not going to last much longer. But I have been enjoying it a lot!





Yesterday we had some flutter snow in the morning. Later I went out to take some pictures of a recent FO. And they turned out beautiful!



My creation



Pattern : Weddingshawl from Handwerken Zonder Grenzen (Dutch magazine)

Yarn : 100% mohair from my LYS

Needles : 4,5mm addi turbo



I don't remember when I started this, I knitted on and off for a while. My LYS lady kept asking when I would finish it as several of her costumers were knitting the same pattern or at least thinking about knitting it and wanted to see my shawl. So I finally finished it. Now my LYS has been closed due to a sick owner, so it'll stay with me a little longer!

I made no modifications to the pattern except for making it longer. I knit till I didn't want to knit it anymore! :D

Here's a close-up of the pattern :

IMG_3482

The dogs also had a great time exploring the ice! Snow and ice are totally new for the pup. Mom is used to it by now!!

Exploring the ice 20/12/07

And today they discovered they can actually walk over the ice! Not the best thing, as the water was the natural "gate" around our property! :(

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawl!! I love the color too!!!
Hey, not fair... Lux normally gets snow before Den Belgique does!! We've got nothing but frost... for more than a week now...

Cheers Eva

9:42 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

A beautiful shawl!

1:26 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

That lace is gorgeous..and then with the background- that was really special. Love the picture of your dogs! They kind of blend in when it looks like that outside! burrr.... Keep warm and Merry christmas!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl!! Looks like you had a white Christmas. Cute dogs too!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Your wedding shawl is very beautiful. I'm a bit nutty about green, love it. Your dogs look wonderful too. Don't they like to swim?

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home