Tuesday, October 30, 2007

An email

Man, has it really been 10 days since my last post? I didn't even notice! shows how busy I am! I do have an FO to show, but not now. I'm to tired.

I think I mentionned my quite negative experience test-knitting for the first time. It left me hurt a bit. Thanks to sweet BlueADT I got my hands on a copy of the magazine with my test-knit in it. Today I took the big step and emailed the person in charge of this all, and this is what I sent :

Hello ***,

It took me a long time to decide wether to email you or not, but after finally getting my hands on a copy of the YF magazine I decided to go ahead and see if I got an answer.

Earlier this year - I think back in February - I testknitted a pair of knee-high socks for the magazine (the second issue). I was never sure if I did a good job, but they are in the magazine so I guess it wasn't that bad.

When testknitting them I was promissed the socks back, a copy of both magazines up till then and some yarn. I never got any. And it's not even about the stuff. It's the principle. I never heard anything positive from you about the socks, nor did you let me know about the publishing. I just wanted to see the magazine, see something I made in print would be so neat.

It's not important, and it's not about the material stuff. Thing is I got a big blow in the face about my knitting skills and started to doubt myself big time. I'm scared now of volunteering to test-knit something for the simple reason my knitting might not be good enough.

I of course did not keep the emails you sent me with the agreement, so I can't hold you on that. I just think it's important if you want to run all this - a business, a magazine - that you should be more correct and more on top of things.



I do think I published her name before, but well, for now I won't. I just want to keep this as a record. I do hope I formulated it the right way. It's really not about the material things. It truly is about my feelings. I've always been very insecure and this didn't do me much good. :(

Let's see how she responds ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Angelika said...

I think what you wrote was ok. I fully understand your point of view and it feels so nice knowing that others appreciate your hard work that went into the project. At least aknowledgment would have been nice, but they didn't even give you an answer. I still want to see the socks though.

2:43 AM  
Blogger blueadt said...

I'm glad I could help & Good Luck!

The person concerned isn't fantastic at communicating so it'll be interesting to see if you get a response.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your email is perfect and to the point. [In fact, you're much nicer about it than I would be!]
I understand exactly how you feel - acknowledgement [especially for a first-timer] is important and affects future proposals. I hope this person honours her part of the agreement. Please keep us posted.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home