Friday, October 19, 2007

Finished Objects - proof of knitting! :D

Yes well, it might not seem like it but I have been knitting quite a bit recently. I'm doing well with the sock thing, as I wanted to use Socktober to get some socks knitted (Christmas gifts I guess). Of course it could go faster.

I need some happy thoughts though. My work is getting to me. I'm at the edge of my sanity here and every time I have to get up to get to work I don't want to. Yesterday was a perfectly fine day and I felt really well. But it was Thursday, I don't work on Thursdays. Today on the other hand I was almost crying when I had to get out of bed this morning and the tears are still close at hand. I'm just so mentally exhausted about all the drama here, the heavy workload and more. I need time off. More then a bit. But there's no time off in the near future. The best I can do is convince my boss I need the 2 weeks around Christmas and New Year off or I won't make it very long into the new year without a decent sick leave.

Anyway, as I said, less knitting then I would want, but I am a bit productive in other areas, like cleaning up my house and organizing things. I organized big part of my yarn room last Friday and plan on putting in a few more hours tonight. I want to make a list of all the books I owe (so I don't buy books twice) and gather them all from the various spots in the house. I might even inventorise (sp?) my knitting needles. Who knows.

But you came here for knitting, right? Well, in order of finishing :

Baby booties ...


... pre-felting ...

Booties pre-felt



... post felting.

Booties post-felt 02





Pattern : Old world booties by Gryphon Perkins, free pattern at InterweaveKnits

Yarn : Unlabeled 100% wool in a wonderfull moss green (it's a bit tweed-like)

Needles : 2,75mm Knitpicks circs

Started : end of September 2007

Finished : October 7 2007



I love these so much! I had a hard time handing them over to my friend, but she was so enthousiastic about them I know her little girl will wear them! :D Though it was hard to knit them on the small needles it was all worth it, and I plan more of these in my future! They took about 1 1/2 50gr ball, and I have plenty more of that yarn! :D


Felted Red Bag!


Bag pre-felt Bag post felt 01

Pre- and post felting

Pattern : based on a Noni Bag pattern and Noni flowers
Yarn : 100% wool handdyed red (heavy worsted weight), 100% wool natural (fingering weight)
Needles : 9mm for the bag, 3.75mm for the flowers
Started : end of September 2007
Finished : October 18 2007

This was for a friend and she's going to attach some black plastic handles herself. I didn't have the time to do it before seeing her yesterday, but she doesn't mind.

This was another great felting project. I'm not a big fan of felting as I had a few projects turn out horrible. But these last 2 projects were really great!


And last, socks for the boyfriend!


Whitby socks

Pattern : Whitby by Nancy Bush from Knitting on the Road
Yarn : Regia 6ply tweed in light blue (2 balls) and white (a bit of a ball)
Needles : 3mm inox circ
Started : October 9 2007
Finished : October 19 2007

Modifications : the original version didn't even go past the ball of the foot of my boyfriend, so I had to add 8 stitches (to the back of the sock, in the ribbing). I followed the pattern for the rest of the sock.

Of course, me being me, I didn't believe it when the website said I needed 3 balls of this yarn for a pair of socks. I might have made it for myself, as I have smaller legs and feet, but the boyfriend has a size 42 and quite have ankles and legs. So I had to use the white for the toes. Boyfriend wasn't to enthousiastic about that at first, but who cares? It'll be in his shoes so who'll see? Well, his soccer mates probably. But they don't have handknit socks, do they?

My boyfriend of course had to put them on a couple of times ot make sure they fit. He has such strange feet I can't take the risk of not fitting them on. But they are a Christmas present so they are put away till then.


So now I need to get started on some socks for my grandfather and uncle and ... . I have a lot of Christmas knitting to go!



I will be getting rid of quite some stash. I took the pictures, will put it all online tomorrow or on Sunday at the latest! Come back because some of the yarn will go for free! :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those booties are so adorable!

12:21 PM  
Blogger A Homely Heroine said...

Hang in there with work dear Em. I love reading your blog, you seem to get so much done!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home