Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Winter Knits - Part 2

So here's part 2, the gloves and mittens. I figured it was to much to do this all in one post as it would be huge, so I prefer posting a few days in a row! I might consider a third part with scarfs if I get around to it! I surely love this mosaïc thing! :D



The gloves and mittens are of course for riding the bike. The fingerless gloves/mittens will be for work purposes and computer time as well. My work place is badly heated and there is no proper isolation in this place so Winters are very cold (you can feel the wind running through the room!). Plus if it's really cold I often wear a pair of fingerless gloves first and then a pair of mittens! :D




Winter knits - gloves and mittens

1. Wine and Roses Mitts by JoLene Treace from Interweave Knits Winter 2006 - these have been on my wish list for a while now!
2. Composed Mitts by Michele Rose Orne from Interweave Knits Fall 2007 - all those colours!
3. Tiger Paws for typists by Ingrid Summers - I don't have the pattern but I'll use this as "inspiration"!
4. Tiffany by Sari - I love the detail on the cuff!
5. Latvian-inspired mittens by Jennifer Little - I blame Nancy Bush for my obsession
6. Herringbone Gloves by Tata & Tatao - these have been on my wish list since I saw them at Saartjes blog, I really want to knit them this Winter!
7. Smocked Gauntlets by Heather J. Spellman - quick, easy, and I think warm
8. Norwegian Gloves by Nancy Bush - No comments needed ! :D (and it's a free pattern!)
9. Roberta Gloves by Dawn Prickett - more as for the inspiration
10. Transition Gloves by Kerin Dimeler - I will probably knit them both in the same colours though
11. Fingerless gloves by Petra - Looong gloves for warm arms!
12. Keefely Mittens by JoLene Treace - I have the book and love the pattern, now the time to knit them!
13. Mermaid Gloves by Craftoholic - I love the Pomatomus socks, so why not gloves? Maybe regular gloves, or fingerless gloves (but no mitts I think)
14. Liidia's Gloves by Nancy Bush - I honestly want to knit every pair of mittens/gloves and socks out of her books!
15. Latvians for the Finn by Julie Ridl - Again, latvian ...
16. Snowflake Fingerless Gloves by Chris O'Brien - these would be great for working in the computer
17. Women's Lace Gloves No. 62 - Nice Vintage pattern, these would look great, maybe in black Regia Silk?
18. Sanquhar Gloves by Tata & Tatao - Without the lettering though ...
19. Whitewater Wristwarmers by Jennifer Meyer - Again, elegance and usefullness
20. 98-8 Wrist Warmers by DROPS design - quick and warm


The herringbone gloves are about first on the list. They have been forever, but I didn't get around knitting them. There is one more pattern that didn't make it to the list that I would like to make with some cashmere, but more about that if I get around to it. Anyway, the Nancy Bush patterns are always my favourites.



Next up : some FOs and yarn sale!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angelika said...

You have BIG plans.

11:12 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I'm really enjoying your Winter knitting collection of pictures :)

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home