Sunday, September 23, 2007

Proove of knitting

I have been knitting quite a bit on Lorelei, but it's hard to see progress on that one. But there has been a bit other knitting as well.


Pea Pod + Candy Stripes 04

Pea Pod sweater and Candy Cane hat for a friends baby.

Yarn : Both 100% superwash merino wool (no brand)
Needles : 3,75mm for the sweater, 4mm for the hat
Pattern : Pea Pod Sweater by Kate Gilbert (available for free at Interweave), Candy Cane Hat from Handknit Holidays

Started : Sweater was started early September and finished today (September 23rd 2007), Candy Cane Hat was started and finished today.

These are both for the first of our close circle of friends who gave birth to a baby. It's a girl and she was born last night. It's a dual feeling for me. I'm very happy for them of course, but on the other hand it hurts for me as I so badly want a baby but I'm the only one in this relationship so it's no happening. :( But at least I have some knitted stuff to give the baby!

I knitted more Candy cane hats this week.


Candy stripe 02 + 03

Same info as with the other, only different colours.

These were started September 21st, finished September 23rd 2007. My mom asked for gifts for 2 grandchildren of a friend of hers. One was born in June but she has a sever heart condition (it wasn't sure she would survive, but she's doing quite well). The boy was born about a week ago.

I love these hats. They are so cute and a quick knit as well. I might be knitting more in the future, just to have at hand for new babies to be born.


I have been dyeing some yarn today as well. I have a huge headache though so I stopped dyeing after one batch of wool (I was planning on another batch).


Handpainted yarn

Can you see the pattern? Well, I plan on knitting a few felted pumpkins to decorate the house! They look so great (look here) and at least I can keep them till next year! ;D I wish there was a pattern for a bigger one (I know there's one at knitty, here, but I wan't one with less sewing!). I might invent/desing one based on the small ones, or I might just knit the one at Knitty. We'll see.

Half of the yarn is DK for felting, half of it is sock yarn for colour work I think. I'm very pleased with the orange! I still need to write down the dye-mixture if I want to be able to repeat it. Don't know if I actually remember it though. I don't know if I have enough yarn for what I plan, but then again, I don't know if I'll be knitting as much as I'm planning.

I'm still having a hard time getting solid colours. Not so bad for the felting, but the sockyarn should be more solid for what I'm intenting.

I will finally take something for my headache, it won't go away otherwise I'm afraid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally sympathize with the strong baby urges! And the hats are adorable - I should get the book and knit one of those for friends who just had a baby. The jacket came out great, too.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Those hats are the cutest hats I have seen in a long time!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

I love the little sweater, too! And your dyeing is just glorious...so autumnal ;)

Hope your headache finally went away? And how about some spinning pictures (grin)

Cary at Serenity Farms

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home