Thursday, July 06, 2006

Leaving for Turkey

We are leaving for Turkey in a couple of hours. We are my boyfriend, my sisters and me. We will be gone for a week. And then on Saturday July 15 we have the big wedding of my BIL. Not excited about that one. I'm not a big fan of huge celebrations which take a whole day, almost 24 hours (if you count the preparations).

I'm not totally ready to leave. Mostly mentally. I just don't feel like leaving. Don't ask me why. I can't tell you. It's always like this. I want to go of course, but on the other hand I would just as well stay at home. Now the boyfriend really needs to get away. If we don't actually go away, he works. And he's exhausted. He needs a rest. Normally we would go for 10 or 14 days, but the wedding is messing everything up (we can only go the following 2 weeks, then the boyfriend has to work again). Oh well, it's ok with me.

I'm of course taking my knitting. Mostly socks. But I still need to finish the dress for the wedding (the Butterfly dress from Rowan). I had hoped to finish is so I didn't have to take it, but well, didn't make it obviously. I'm like that. I knit a ton of other stuff just so I don't have to knit the things I'm supposed to knit. Oh well, I'll just have to finish it over there. After putting my head to it I could easily memorize the pattern and the knitting went smoothly. So it's just finishing the front part. The hardest part at first was keeping track of all the decreases and increases, as I couldn't really count my rows properly. So now I made this worksheet for the second piece and it's making things a lot easier! I need to keep this in mind for futher projects!

I went shopping for new needles yesterday, as I'm afraid they'll refuse my knitting needles on the plane. Mind you, over here knitting isn't that popular and I don't think they have seen many needles at the security at the airport. So I bought bamboo needles, in the hope they'll let me on the plain with those. They better not take them from me 'cause they were quite expensive! The other needles are in my suitcase. It's amazing how much knitting I took with me again, but I can only hope I'll get some of it done! Plus I took quite some books too. :D

I had a lot of yarn dyed and I was actually planning on putting it up, but as we are leaving for a week I'm just waiting till we return. The pictures are all taken, so if we get back in time I'll post coming Friday, otherwise it'll be after the 15th.

All have a nice week!

3 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

Hav a great and safe trip..will be thinking ofyou!!! Bring back pictures!!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hello!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home