Monday, May 08, 2006

Picture time!!!

First of all, the promissed modeled shot of the Deep V Argyle vest, taken last Saturday during the big fest for the 50th wedding anniversary of my grandparents :



I have to day I look quite good in the picture, better then I usually do! You can't really see the colours in the picture, but you can see the vest is kinda fitting me perfectly (it tends to pull upwards but not really that badly, it still looks great!). Of course I had forgotten to ask my sister to take a picture earlier so it was taken inside rather late in the evening, as for the colours! But hey, you can see the shape, right? :D

Next off, today I got a super package in the mail : my sockapaloooza socks!!



Don't they look super? They are even more perfect in reality! They were made by Jo with natural painted yarn by Hand Jive Knits and she used a pattern from Nancy Bush' Knitting Vintage socks. She included a lovely letter.

Dear, thank you so much! They fit perfectly and I love the colour! Don't worry about the difference, I've done natural dyeing so I know you can't get perfect results! I love the colour and the pattern, thank you so much!


Last week I did some spinning and I'm totally in love with the outcome! It was some handdyed roving I did myself last Summer, and here is what I ended up with :





It's a 2-ply yarn, between sock weight and sport weight! I'm so in love with it and with the stability of the yarn, I just want to spin more! I can't wait to see how this knits up. Socks will it be of course! :D


I have a bit of big thing to tell you all but I'll probably keep it till tomorrow. I'm so insecure about this, but I just want to give it a try. So come back tomorrow to read about it!

6 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

I like your handspun and can't wait to hear your "surprise".

10:43 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Beautiful handspun, and sockapaloooza socks too!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are sooo pretty! And the vest is too! Nice work Chickie!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Amy Boogie said...

You look gorgeous and the vest fits you so perfectly. The handspun is lovely too

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The argyle-vest looks absolutely stunning on you - I'll hope mine end up looking as good as yours:-)

So, what do you intend to do with that lovely handspun??

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your vest turned out great - it fits you wonderfully!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home