Friday, December 23, 2005

Pre-Christmas greetings!

We are leaving tomorrow morning on a 5-days trip to Germany. I can't say I'm really enthousiastic, but I'm sure it'll be ok. Of course spending 5 days with my in-laws is not something I'm happy about or looking forward to, but well, I'll survive.

I've been home the whole week on sick leave. I wasn't that sick but I didn't complain when the doctor wrote me a sick note for the rest of the week. I've been relaxing and enjoying myself. I needed that. I'm way happier knowing I don't have to go to work. I think my boyfriend is noticing this too. It's way more fun like this!

I'm still struggling with the cardigan for my grandfather. I really wanted to finish it today, but I still have one more sleeve to go. Well, I'll knit that one during the trip. I also should finish the sweater for my mother. I haven't even started it!!!

I haven't gotten anything ready for the trip just yet. I should get the stuff ready ,I know!!! I'm just procastinating. I don't have any kind of suitcase anyway.

I'm already debating what knitting to take. Not to much I'm guessing, I always take to much and after all it's only a five days trip!! I just hope I'll have plenty of time to knit. At least I won't have a tv or computer to distract me.

Anyway, I got 2 FO's to show from this week! First there's a hat for me (I'm working on the matching scarf) :















It's knitted out of some super bulky 100% wool. On 15mm needles, pattern is the top down one "Live Dangerously".

Then boyfriend kept bugging me about a hat for him, so I knitted him one too :













Ok, I know, my boyfriend looks amazingly stupid in this picture, but he was just up from work, for a few minutes, and not to keen on posing for me! :D The firs picture also shows the yarn I bought to knit a scarf for my boyfriend, matching the hat, using Danica (from knitty). As for the hat, It's knit from my own - very first - handspun, using this pattern.

Speaking about spinning, I got my new spinning wheel yesterday!!! Look :











It's Louets S45, a nifty small spinning wheel. Ideal to spin laceweight and fingering weight yarns, my favourite. I didn't get tiem really to try it, as I've been knitting like mad on the cardigan for my grandfather (while I'm not running around to get a new cell, as my old one went in for fixing 4 days ago and I'm still without a cell! It's killing me!).

I've got so much more to do, sorry guys, I'll have to update again after the holidays. Keep save, spend some lovely time with your family and just enjoy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry x-mas!

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chick!! Merry (belated) Christmas!

Just checking in to see how you are coming along on the SET sockies! Wanting to post photos of all the completed socks on my blog next week - if you've finished em'... could you send me a pic? Thanks much!!!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home