Saturday, November 05, 2005

Frustrated

Yep, really, I'm sooo frustrated right now! Let me explain ...

I joined the MysteryShawlAlongs (yes, both) quite some time ago. I wanted to start and did with the second one. I ordered yarn from this Ebay seller located in Romania (if I'm correct) which is 100% pure wool. After I ordered it someone warned me it wasn't that great. Well, it was cheap! And yeah, getting it I realized it was just too fine for my taste! It's like so fine you can weave it into very delecate stuff. Well, as it was to thin, I decided to ply 2 balls together and use it like that. I love the thikness and how it's knitting up now, but, I think knitting with 2 strands of yarn at the same time wasn't a good idea for my first big lace project!! Man, this is horrible.

Well, I'm half way through the shawl, that is, at clue 3 (out of 5) and I keep making mistakes, either picking up only one thread, or just making plain old mistakes. I'm stuck now, very frustrating, and part of me wants to fix this before I put it aside and pick up another project, another part of me tells me not to do that as it'll get me even more frustrated (and my boyfriend just came up, I don't think he wants me to be frustrated tonight). This is soooo horrible!

Other then that I really, really want to finish up a few projects! It's not going fast at any rate and I want to start a few scarfs (among things) but as long as I haven't finished something I'm not going to start any new things. Well, honestly, I started the cardigan for my grandfather but that's mostly because I needed an easy knit because I want to watch some tele tonight, and I needed to start that soon anyway.

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. Oh, and adding to the frustration : still no sign of my huge order at Amazon!!!! I'm ready to cry about that one! And you can't file complaint till 4 weeks after the estimated recieving date, if I understood correctly, that's 2 more weeks. Yikes!

Off now, Spiderman is on tv.



** Edit : Blogger is working again, so I can finally post this. I figured out the problem with the shawl, wanted to knit another row and just couldn't make it work. I guess I should start using lifelines, 'cause I'm not going to get this finished if I keep messing up like this! Picture tomorrow! **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home