Sunday, November 06, 2005

The pictures


Ok, here they are, as promissed. I decided to make me a little photo corner, but of course I forgot to put my digital camera on the right stand (it was still on night-pictures) so the pictures aren't as great as I had hoped they would, but better then nothing, right?

First of all, the dreaded shawl I mentionned yesterday, here it is :

When looking at it like this it does look ok! It's still quite small, but well, I'm not using big needles either (3mm I think). I like it this way, we'll see how it turns out! (if you want to see the finished shawl, go here).
On the group there's a discussion going on about paying for the mystery pattern. I've been randomly reading messages and I agree and disagree with some. Please skip this if you are not willing to read some of my ponderings!
* I wouldn't mind paying for a pattern (it would be only about $3) if I could get a corrected finished version in PDF at the end.
* I can imagine this really is quite a lot of work for the designer, so it doesn't matter to me.
* Someone metionned getting a very tine shawl and using only half of the yarn the designer said it would need. Well, being new to lace I do know that you can knit lace with any size of needles and that will determ the size. I mean, I didn't want to use big needles and I wanted a very tight knitted shawl so this is what I'm getting and it might be smaller then I thought but that's ok! I might knit more lace with heavier weight yarn in the future. Now as for the person complaining, I thought she was pretty rude and if you don't like the mystery aspect then you should knit other lace.
* Has anyone of you any complaints/thoughts about Paypal? It's a gift for me 'cause otherwise it would be way more expensive and difficult to order stuff. But I read complaints about Paypal tracking money and all. Hmm, sometimes I feel so distant from things happening!
That's it for now, I'm not even sure if I'll keep up with the discussion, it's all so stupid. I know that the lady who designed the MysteryStole put up a perfect fit together pattern in PDF up at her site for sale. You can still get the pattern for free at the group (though she will be closing it down) but it's clearer and the sold version. It's cheap, and I really wouldn't mind paying for a pattern like that. I mean, if I start designing stuff (maybe never but well) I might ask a little bit as well. Just to get some money for my yarn addiction! :D
Next subject. Donni, here's a picture of your socks in progress! (for those now knowing, for the SET exchange organized by Rox) :
As you can see I finished the leg part of the first sock, and am dealing with the foot now. Here's a close-up of that part :

As you can see, I combined Fair Isle and a cable in this sock! :D The foot looks a bit wonky, but I'm doing the upper part in ribbing so it'll fit better, and there's one cable going on the side. I know, these socks look strange. I'm hoping Donni will like them!

And then, a package of my dear SP! I forgot to mention the previous package, which included a lovely CD and a lot of super lovely beads! But here is a picture of the last package :

It included a lovely skein of Koigu sock yarn, a letter set, my gardian angel, and some soap! Sweetie, you're spoiling me, thank you sooo much!

Then, here's some yarn I died a while ago. I was going to use it for socks for my aunt but I ended up loving it so much I just kept it for myself! :D

Died with KoolAid, the colours are like a fire burning in our wood stove, I just love it!

And then, to leave you, some pictures of my yarn room as it is now, in desperate need of some organisation. Oh, and a question : what do you all do to keep out mots, except for lavander and sandal wood?



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lke them? I LOVE THEM! YAY!

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the packages all right :) The shawl looks great and the sock? OMG! Fantastic!! Great job!! Your SP

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those socks are really beautiful! I love the combination of techniques!

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks!!! Certainly put the ones I just finished to shame. :)

The kool aid yarn is wonderful too - can't wait to see it knit up. I don't think I sent you orange KA though - are you cheating on me with another KA supplier?! :)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home