Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Amazon order

So today, after loosing my patience with this order, I went to the website and started reading again. Now, I must have been reading wrong, 'cause now I read that you can email them 4 days after the estimated delivery date, instead of the month I thought. Ok, so I went ahead and emailed them. Here's the reply I got :


Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk to bring this to our attention.Normally, in such circumstances we would create a replacement order for the lost item right away, to be dispatched to you as soon as possible at no additional charge.However, in this case, we were uncertain how you would like us to proceed.We would still be happy to arrange for a replacement to be sent to the same address. If this solution will not work for you, we can simply issue a refund for the item, along with the associated delivery costs.If you wish for us to send a replacement, please let us know by using the link provided at the bottom of this e-mail. If you would simply like a refund you can also inform us using the same link.We look forward to hearing from you, thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk


So, of course I emailed them back saying they can reship the whole order. Why would I no longer want it? And I'm pretty sure this is a mess up by the PO. If they mess up again I'm going to kick serious ass over there. This is a shipment of over €120, so that's A LOT of money. I'm already happy they want to reship without charging more.

Then, if the original package ever does show up (not that I expect that to happen) I told them I would either return it or pay for that and then sell the books or something like that. Am I supposed to do that or am I allowed to just keep that package if it ever shows up? Now I'm still hoping it will but I'm pretty sure it won't. I'm still going to go to the PO to complain about this but problem is I can't go tomorrow and I can't go on Thursday (it's closed by the time I'm home) and well, Friday just everything is closed as it's a holiday. Hmm, we'll see.

I often wonder what happens with all those lost packages. I send a package to friend at the beginning of July and it never showed up. I'm wondering who ate the candy inside it and who's playing with the toys now. I'm wondering who's having the books I'm supposed to be reading now. I mean, these huge packages surely can't just go lost, right?

I remember the story over here in Belgium about this nutty postman who had been keeping the post with him for years. There were bags and bags of mail in his attic, stuff that never made it to the owners. He was nuts though, he's now in an institute. But still, who's collecting all this stuff? Anyone has an answer? :D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something similar happened to me. I ordered a book from Rowan and 3 weeks alter nothing arrived. So I wrote them and they sent me another copy. In a week I got both packages. I got one back. They were very nice and understanding. Hope you get your books OK. And I am glad you got my packages :) Your SP

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home