Saturday, September 17, 2005

Small update

Last night was a sad and annoying night. Remember the pink mohair sweater I was knitting? I hadn't checked gauge before starting and starting the shaping of the next (after knitting the lower part of the body in the round) I realized it was way to small and turned out my gauge was way off. Strange, cause I'm not a tight knitter at all. But ok, I made the decission to rip it and that's one. I didn't start anew immidiately, though I will soon. This was going to be my first sweater. I don't know which needle size I'll need to use now but I will check gauge first, of course!

I'm now working on my Clapotis, hoping on finally finishing it!

I did finish my Amble socks - which I think I already mentionned - and here are the pictures of my amble socks and anklets I finished a few weeks back :
















So ther first picture are my anklets, in self dyed sock yarn. I used regular Arnel Sock yarn (75% wool, 25% acryl) and KoolAid to dye these. I like them more then I thought I would, as orange normally isn't my colour. And they didn't pool! :D

Second are my Amble socks for the SixSockKAL. They are in the same Arnel Sock yarn, in a light blue colourway. The figures come out quite well I have to say!

I still need to wash and block both pair of socks, but then I'll show them again. I'm thinking of making myself a blocker out of wood, or maybe simply out of iron cloth hangers.

Oh, and before I forget, I got my SP6 assigned and emailed her today! I haven't heard from mine yet which does worry me a little, but well, we'll see!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new pal is VERY lucky indeed - you were an awesome pal!! Your gifts were thoughtful, fun, and generous!

Nice socks - you really need to come spend a week ar Chez' Dani - The man will cook for you (he's and excellent cook!) and the dog will snuggle with you and I will do whatever you want, I just need someone to hold my hand thru a good pair of socks. (Or I need to quit whining and just DO THEM lol)

And don't forget, I tagged you =)

3:39 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love your socks!

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home