Wednesday, September 21, 2005

SET socks

Ok, I started to socks for my SET-partner, Doni but I'm not sure if these are going to be right.

Though I first thought they would be to small I'm now worried they might be to big! I'm using a combination of a few designs out of the book Latvian Mittens which I recently bought. I'm kinda taking all kinds of things I like and combining them. Anyway, for the biggest pattern I need a multiple of 24 stitches. Knowing how small Fair Isle socks can turn out I decided to go for 96 stitches as I know 72 would just be to small (I used 72 for the pair of Fair Isle socks I had to rip, see one of my previous posts, and my legs are probably smaller then Doni's). I might switch to smaller needles once I'm further down the leg (I'm using 2mm now).

Also, I'm not sure if Doni will like the pattern I chose, and I feel like I had to use more luxurious yarn, as this is plain sock yarn (75% wool, 25% poly-something I guess, to lazy to get the label). And I'm not sure about the colours either. Oh my, this is difficult.

Well, I'll see how they turn out. I can always turn these into mittens for the boyfriend or something! As for the mittens they say to cast on 72 stitches, so even for mittens this'll be big.

Maybe some pictures tomorrow, off to sleep now and to worry a bit more ...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I am sending little something for you tomorrow. I really wanted to send it on sunday, but last three days were full of rain and I ddin't have car to go to town. Tomorrow, however, I have appiontment at dentost's and can't skip the town.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a nice sleep as I type this - it's a beautful spring morning over here....please - I am so pleased to have someone else knit something for me - a first! I will be so gratful whatever you do. :)

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, hope you are ok. Not sure you got my email the other day. As soon as I get back to normal at work I will write you. Till then, have a nice weekend. Your SP6

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home