Tuesday, September 13, 2005

SP6 Questionnaire!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I honestly admit I’ve become a yarn snob in this short period of knitting! I prefer natural fibers, though I don’t mind blends if the amount of natural is higher then the acrylic in it.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Both. I just learned to spin and am still learning, though I would like a new wheel to practice on. As for crochet, don’t it as a child, haven’t started on it since but plan on doing that soon.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies, but I’m super sensitive for smoke and can smell it in everything/everywhere.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Started as a kid, restarted about a year ago and got really into it after knitting my first pair of socks in April!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do have an Amazon wish list but I will provide a link soon as I need to check and update it!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla mostly, Lavander too, anything that’s not too sweet really

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not really. It’s better if you don’t send me candy ‘cause I don’t like that much – I’m really picky – so I guess you can better give it to someone who appreciates it more!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Hmm, way to much to count on! Paper arts, mixed media art, drawing and painting, beading but mostly stitch markers these days, and a lot more!! :D

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I can play MP3s, I even owe an iPodmini! As for music, I like almost everything except for heavy metal/loud hard rock. I have this preference for female voices. I like the more alternative kind of music. But I’m flexible and will listen to almost anything!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I’m big into the purple/eggplant kind of colours. I like darker colours, like black and burgundy. I also love dusty pink and more of those colours. I don’t like neon kind of colours, yellow, bright orange and bright red.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend. We have 3 cats, a dog, a horse and a pony. Oh, and some fish.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Finding a nice job I really like, maybe going back to college, seeing the world, … normal things really

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No faves really though I really like lace and sport weight yarns, but anything is fine. No fiber preferences, though I’m not that big on cotton.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylic mostly.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks! And sweaters for the winter.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks! :D things on smaller needles really.

17. What are you knitting right now?
One sweater, Clapotis (really should finish that one), 2 pairs of socks, a lacy scarf

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Not for me, thank you!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
No real preference though I mostly use circulars

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
My preferred ones are Addi turbos really, but I’m willing to knit with everything! Though better not plastic, as my dog would like shewing them to much.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep, more like a sock addict! LOL

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom was a knitter and at the age of 5 I wanted to learn everything she did, so she learned me. She also learned me to crochet, machine sew and hand sew. I knitted all through elementary school, but don’t remember knitting during secondary school. Picked it up now and my mom thinks I’m crazy! She stopped knitting years ago! :D I learned most special things, like socks and lace and such, on my own.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
A few months, something in pure acrylic, I didn’t know much back then and hate touching the yarn now! So I don’t think it’ll ever be finished.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Winnie The Pooh and his friends! :D

25. What is your favorite holiday?
None in particular … as long as I don’t have to work it’s fine by me!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
No active collections really, if you don’t count yarn! :D

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I just subscribed to IK, but haven’t received my issue yet!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
See my Amazon list, though I just saw that “Color in Spinning” is quite expensive at the French Amazon.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Here are a few :
- Angelina Vintage Jacket from White Lies Designs
- Easy Lace Jacket/Duster from White Lies Designs
- Women's Knit Fashion #1 from Vingtage Knitting Patterns
- Kristina Bag from Black Sheep Bags

I might add more in the future! :D


30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
Foot measurements : 9 inch long, 8 ¼ inch across the ball of my foot, 8 ½ inch around the ankle. I love all kinds of socks really!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst Emily? I tagged you! Go to my entry from 9/17 for details =)

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home