Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I'm still sick. The throat infection is still slightly there, but it has also evolved to my nose, giving me a heck of a running nose. The last 3 days I had no voice which usually never happens to me (the max for me without a voice has been 1 day so far). It's not all that bad but I don't like being sick anymore. It sucks the energy from your body and I just can't take that anymore. I just want to sleep all the time. I'm sure I would heal better if I did but I have so many obligations I just can't go and say I'm sick, 'cause I'm not really that sick.

I've done a little knitting here and there, but really nothing interesting to report right now. Except for the lovely sock yarn I recieved last Saturday! The box was huge, and filled with a ton of yarn I ordered at Ebay, from this seller. Look ...


This is the box when you look at it from the top. The box was really big, and quite heavy! There was a bunch of paper on top and a pack of DPNs which came with one auction I won.

Of course, I sat down and slowly emptied the whole box, and put it all on the couch. There's Opal, Online and Hotsocks. I forgot to order Trekking, but she didn't have many nice colours. And I didn't want any Fortissima for now as so far I don't really like it.


And, I bought the whole series of the new Opal Rainforest collection! I just couldn't resist!


Now I took the whole bunch of yarn with me to let me sister choose for a pair of socks (I already knitted a pair for my mother and my other sister), and she chose the Opal Flamingo which I really wanted for myself. I couldn't say she couldn't have it though. Maybe in the enar future I can order a shein for myself.


I've now decided I will no longer participate in contests online. I've participated in a few just recently, but of course never "won" one. I'm not a horrible person or so, I'm just really dissapointed as I never seem to get lucky. This feeling is made stronger by the fact that like most of my orders aren't arriving and this is making me so anxious. I might not be ordering online for a while, it's to dissapointing and I have enough yarn for a lifetime anyway.

So, enough of the whining, I'm off to bed to rest and maybe knit a little (if I don't fall asleep!).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, happy new yarn! That should keep you going for a while. Hope you feel better soon. Secret Pal :-)

9:59 PM  
Blogger me myself and i said...

Hey there! Did the Knitpicks order I sent get there yet?? The PO said it would be a week and today is 1 week. Just checking...

Rebecca

7:32 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

OMG!! I'd be in HEAVEN!!! I'm totally obsessed with sock yarn that looks like almost a years worth!! WOW!!! You lucky lady!! Happy knitting!

1:32 AM  
Blogger soapy said...

I was sop taken by all that sock yarn. I'm glad that your feeling better now!

Now do tell where do I get a box like this......LOL

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home