Tuesday, March 03, 2009

It's been a long while. There has been knitting, but no posting mostly due to the lack of picture taking. And a very busy time, and me not feeling to great (mentally that is ...).

I decided to try pick up on posting on this blog by posting something completely unrelated to knitting, but a very important part of my life :



Blue 05 - jumping 15-02

Me jumping with my horse Blue (Mister Blue, though this is his fathers name, his name is San Primeur but we never use it). We're jumping a 1m fence in this picture. It was during the last indoor jumping event at the riding school I'm part of. I ended 3rd in the 1m competition. I'm afraid of riding my horse to his full potential. I don't ride very fast - though he can - and I don't jump higher. But I'm enjoying it!



Blue 06 - jumping 15-02

Here's my horse again, but with another rider. He's jumping a 120cm fence in this picture, with lots left! He loves these high fences and enjoys the jumping so much! I would love to see him jump something higher, but it's already a joy to see this. He hit a fence just before this one (riders fault!) and as he hate hitting fences he took an extra high jump on this one.

I haven't been able to take any jumping lessons the last weeks, and it's scaring me. The last manche of the indoor jumpings is coming up (on March 15) and as I'm pretty nervous about all this I think I'm going to be even more nervous if I don't get to take any lessons! We'll see how it goes.

As I said, there should be knitting content soon. We have spring-type weather at the moment but it's cloudy. I might try to take a few pictures this afternoon!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful horse!!!

You're having spring weather??? We're having rain, wind and SNOW... when will this winter end?

2:56 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Oh, WOW this is great! Look how HIGH that is! I think it's great you shared this. I want to see more!

2:23 AM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

Wow, look at how high he's jumping! And you, too! Amazing! All your knitting pics are great, BTW. Love the socks!

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crow, a 1 meter! ( I can barely do a 2 foot....) You look awesome, I think you should post show jumping pics more often!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home