Tuesday, July 08, 2008

And the knitting continues ...

Even with the chaos in my life - and my mind - I seem to keep on knitting. For those keeping track, no improvement. Or at least not much. Well, most of it is my fault, I'm totally stuck. I'm torn between thoughts. And unfortunately I'm having issues with some "friends" as well which is not doing me much good either. Pff, life can be difficult at times, though I probably have little to complain about!

Anyway, I'm knitting. Mostly socks, still. I'm really on a roll here and I don't want to quit now! :D Shawls are tempting me, but nothing else. So socks it is. I have quite a few more pairs to add.

First off, a pair of adult socks :





Sea Monkeys 02

Pattern : Sea Monkeys, or No Purl Monkeys, based on the famous Monkey pattern by Cookie A.

Yarn : Regia Silk 4ply in a blue/grey colour

Needles : 2,5mm for the leg, 2,25mm for the foot

Started : June 19, 2008

Finished : June 30, 2008

These also fit into Project Spectrum, as the theme is Air and grey is one of the colours. I should have gone down a needle size both on the leg and the foot, but they are ok. Very soft! :D

I finished a pair of striped anklets, but I don't have pictures of those yet. I'll add them as soon as I have taken the pictures.

I have been obsessed a little by baby socks. They are quick, use up scraps of sock yarn and they count for the 52PP! Now there is no baby in the near future to recieve these so they are stored in a box for now.




Baby Monkey, take Two Fake Argyle baby socks

On the left baby monkeys, and on the right fake argyle socks. The last are of my own design! :D (Ravelry links)

And the projects on the needles right now?






Green crochet scarf - in process

Crocheted flower scarf in cashmere





Flutter-by socks - In Progress

Flutter-by socks





Icarus shawl - In Progress

Icarus shawl

Of course there are a ton more projects on the needles, but these are the ones I'm carrying with me today to work. Plus of course the scrap yarn for the baby socks. Work has been more then slow, and I'm totally bored. Thank god for my computer and my knitting! :D

As for spinning, I decided the join one more KAL, even though I was a bit late :




TourdeFleeceRavelry

My goals are quite simple. Spin fine yarn, in the hope to get a decent fingering weight yarn, if possible a 3ply. Try spinning an art yarn. This all will have to happen on my Victoria wheel because that's the one I'm taking with me when I leave for France on Friday. And of course spin from stash.

I was going to take the wheel with me anyway, so I figured I could join! The days I'm at home I'll be seeing the Tour anyway as Bf follows it, plus we might go watch live one or two days as it's passing really close to us.

So, After my holiday I'll be showing of some spinning! I hope to post one more time before I leave. Otherwise it'll be when I get back (unless I get Internet access somewhere in France!).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers with you to get more strength to standup in life... Everything will be alright.. its just a matter of time.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't they say that there's a right time for everything?! Maybe it has not been the right time for you yet to make a decision.

I'm sure you will be able to do find out what to do in the end. Thinking of you!

Well, I don't know if you are ever having a look at my blog, but I definitely got addicted to knitting as well! This might make you smile, as I hardly showed any interest in the past 33 years...

Hugs!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home