Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Socks!

It's all about socks now! :D Yeah, I never seem to loose my addiction to knitting socks (and buying sock yarn! :D). I just love it so much. It's a portable and quick probject and I love wearing them.

So here's an update on the finished socks (I wanted to post about the gazillion unfinished ones too, but I didn't get pictures taken, so that's for the next time).

First of all, those finished in August :



Yarn : Fortissima sock yarn (don't know the other stats and I don't think I still have the label)
Needles : 2mm addi turbo
Started/finished : don't remember when I started them, finished them at the start of August

These are regular stockinet socks with a picot edge. These were my "movie socks". Don't have any new movie socks yet! I added a bit of calf shaping as I'm still not sure how many stitches to cast on for socks on 2mm needles, but I'm getting there. I also have quite heavy calves and thin ankles, so that sais the most! I love wearing these socks!






Yarn : my own handdyed regular sock yarn, in pinks
Needles : 2mm addi turbo
Started/ended : both in August, don't remember much more.

The heel on these is a bit to short (I want them to come higher on my ankles), but apart from that these are perfect socks! I should have started knitting anklets sooner!



So that's for August. Then the September pairs :




Yarn : my regular sock yarn (arnell I think, both colours are left-overs)
needles : 2mm addi turbo
Started/ended : started late august, ended last week or so

I love these socks! The stripes are so nice and they fit perfectly! And they were so much fun to knit! I just made a huge mistake on one of the heels, you can see that quite nicely when I don't wear them, but I was to lazy to fix them. I got my short row heels all going again now, so that's ok! More of these to come! (Maybe even regular socks).





Sock Wars socks

Yarn : Schachenmayr Extra 100% superwash merino
Needles : 3.75mm addi turbo
Started/ended : started Sunday Sept. 24, finished today Sept. 26

It's an easy pattern with DK weight yarn, but I don't like knitting socks this thick. That's why it took me so long to finish them, because I had to put them down as they were to boring. Glad they are done. I like the principle of the Sock Wars but I can honestly say I hope I don't make it any further then this, 'cause I just don't have the time and energy to do this right now. I do hope my pal likes the socks. They are flying to the US tomorrow.


So that's it for finished socks for now! I have a few more to show, hopefully over the weekend. I'm having 3 very full days of work ahead of me and I'm getting tired even thinking of it. But I'm getting used to it.

Now I leave you with one more picture. Last Friday I took the day off from work to go to a big craft fair here in Belgium (in Mechelen). I wasn't hoping to much yarnwise, till I spotted this little stand with lovely yarn. It was Klazien's Kreatie, which I first saw mentionned at Saartje's blog. I checked the website out then, but waited with ordering. Imagine my surprise to see this lovely yarn in person! I couldn't resist and took quite a bit home. Now I am going to order more, as I had no idea how much to take home for a sweater or so. This is what I got :




The smaller skeins are merino/nylon blend and will become socks. The big pile is Shetland wool and will become a nice scarf with some intarsia!

I did buy other stuff, but I'm not going to show it now. More sock yarn, some stamping supplies, some glue. Nothing big though.

For my SockretPal, I'll be posting my questionnaire soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Found you through Sockret Pal and I had to say Gorgeous Ankle Socks! Well done you. They're all great, but between the bright colors of your hand-dyed yarn and the short length these were by far my favorite.
Good swappin' to you!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Teri.p said...

Great socks, Emily! I love the stripey anklets, very pretty. And congratulations on a quick finish for your Socks of Doom.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, can you please put up your questions for your Sock-ret pal? Thanks!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I love my Socks of Doom!!!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home