Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sock-ret Pal questionnaire!

Being a sock addict and loving secret pal exchanges I of course had to sign up for this! I love it! I'm looking forward to start sending stuff!

I'll be linking to this questionnaire so my pal can easily visit it in the future.


The basics:
How long have you been knitting? Since I was 5 years old or so, when my mother learned me. I picked it up again 2 years ago to knit scarfs for Christmas for my family, and it went from there!
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? Though I haven’t been knitting socks for that long (about 1.5 years) I can knit socks pretty easily and have knit about everything out there, from fairisle to lace. I will be trying intarsia soon for a pair of socks! The more complex the sock the more I like it!

The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent. I have a EU shoe size 37, which is a US6. I have quite thin ankles but heavy calves (there’s a 12cm difference between the biggest part of my calves and the smallest of my ankles!). I have fine feet as well and I like my socks to snug fit around the foot. If you need more info just let me know!

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love? Dark red/burgundy, purple (all variations), eggplant/plum, moss green, autumny browns/reds, black, dark blue, pink
Do you prefer solids or variegated? both
What fibers do you most love to knit with? I knit with everything! But for socks I prefer fingering/sock yarn
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? Hard to say, anything from the US would be fine. I like smaller vendors like Hello Yarn and such. I also like Lorna’s Laces and Socks that Rock, and I don’t have much of the latter! (I have quite easy access to all the German sock yarns so I would prefer not to get those).
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Lace, Scarfs, gloves/mittens

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? I’m a bit bored with pure mohair as I have a lot of that, and I don’t really like pure cotton for socks except if like Cascade Fixation. I love any wool as I’m always cold!
What colors would you never wear? Yellow, Orange, anything Neon

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? Metal really, I don’t seem to get around liking bamboo or wood
Circs or Straights? Circs, I use them for about all my knitting!
DPNs or Magic Loop? Magic loop most of the time, though I occasionally like DPNs
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? A yarn cutter (you know, one of those things you can take on the plane), one of those row counters you just have to push to go up a row, something to put on the points of my circulars, ... there might be more I can’t think of right now

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link! I have one on Amazon Uk, email me if you want it
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) I don’t eat a lot of sweets at all, you don’t really do me a favor by sending me any.
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) No allergies, but I hate the smell of smoke (cigarets and cigars, sorry guys)
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? Favourites are Vanilla and Lavender –if it’s not to strong- and Camomilla, but there is no real smell I don’t like. Not to flowery though.
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? No active collections at the moment
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) July 3rd (so far far away)
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? I do both, I love spinning and I’m addicted to dyeing my own yarn, but I can really appreciate a good dye job by others!
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... I like a lot, I’m easy to please! I like to read, I like female voices when it comes to music, Spain still is my favourite spot though I hope to visit Scandinavia and Canada soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home