Thursday, March 01, 2007

The pups are here!

Just after midnight, on March 1st, our lady went into labor. It all went really quick and before I knew it the first pup had arrived. My sweety totally panicked and ran away from the pup. It took me and the bf quite some persuasing to get her back, and quickly after that the 2nd and 3rd pup arrived. The 4th one took a bit longer and the 5th one totally took me by surprise. The little one almost didn't make it. She wasn't breading at all and it took me more then 10min to get her breading. She had a lot of fluid in her lungs. It was the first pup Esna had to remove everything from and I think she wasn't quick enough. But the last one made it.

Here they are, 1 male and 4 females :


Esna and her new pups!

They look like little tigers! :D Everyone is doing ok though I do think Esna is still breathing quite heavily. I'm about to phone the vet in the hope she can come by first thing.

And then It's time for my nap, 'cause I stayed up all night!


Thank you for the thoughts!

4 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

Ohhhh, I'm feeling broody.......

8:14 PM  
Blogger Angelika said...

Congrats on the new arrivals. I've never seen them look striped like this. Cute!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, the cuteness! Congratulations on the new arrivals - they're so very cute!

11:34 AM  
Blogger yarnlot said...

Proficiat, vertroetel moeder en kroost maar goed!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home