Monday, March 13, 2006

FO and Yarn dilemma


I'm quite pleased with myself as I just finished the socks for Mog (SET exchange organized by Rox - who can use some support right now for her sister!), or better, for Donni in Australia!
Stats :
Yarn : Regia 4 ply in dark blue, grey and white
Needles : Addi turbos 2mm
Pattern : my own, based on a pattern from the Latvian Mittens book
Time : Well, quite some months! I don't even remember when the exchange started! *bad me*
I am hoping so much Donni will like them and I'm hoping they'll fit! It would be so sad if these were only for display. But of course the problem with Fair Isle is that it's not streching at all, so well, I'm just hoping. Also, the foot might be to long, but that's easily fixed! To bad I have so little of the blue yarn left to send her along with the socks to mend if there are problems, but it took me almost a full 50grams skein for each sock!!
So that being said I'm ready to move to the next pair of socks on the list, the Sockapaloooza socks. I've pretty much decided on doing a mosaic sock. Here is what I'm thinking of the colours :

I was cleaning out my yarn room today (again!) and found a few skeins of hand-dyed sock yarn I has stuffed away. I think I was planning on using them for anklets. Anyway, the first option is dark purples (more towards the fushia kind of purple, I'm sorry, I'm not so good in names for colours) with black, the second ooption is light purples (leaning towards blue) with dark blue yarn. I'm thinking more of the second option right now, but I'm open to your opinions!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - Lucky Me! They are the most wonderful socks I have ever seen - you know I didn't mind the wait - it is still 35 degrees celcius over here at the moment.

Thanks so much for all the time you put into them.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the first set, with the darker purple.. Yum. Would make great socks I think.

2:45 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Blue!

3:47 PM  
Blogger knitabulous said...

Hey!
This blogland is full of co-incidence. Donni is one of my good friends and I have seen those socks in REAL LIFE and they are magnificent. BTW, we're both on the lace sampler stolalong. Small world, huh.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home