Monday, January 23, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Yep, I signed up! Call me crazy, I probably am, but I decided I just wanted to be part of this! It'll be a great challenge for me! I had a little hard time deciding on what to knit, but I finally decided on knitting a lace shawl. I started the Second Mystery Shawl ages ago, but never finished it. I will finish it, that's not the question. But actually having a deadline on knitting something is ok with me!

Now, I need the help of the few people that read this tiny blog! I haven't made up my mind yet on which lace shawl to knit. I don't really know how to put up an actual poll, so you'll just have to vote through the comments (knowing the tiny amount of people reading here, I guess that won't be much of a problem).

Anyway, the possibilities :

1. The Snowdrop Shawl by the Yarn Harlot (at the same time organizing these Olympics!)
4. All Tangled Up (Kiri)
I would really appreciate it if you would all go and vote! I'll keep this open for about a week or so, and then decide!
More updates later! :D

9 Comments:

Blogger blueadt said...

I vote for the 'Lovely Lacey Shawl'

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, girl above me is right - lovely lacey shawl!
P.S. You are tagged!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Kiri Girl (with a button for the Olympics too)

10:39 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

I'd vote for the Snowdrop Shawl to honor the Harlot, but I just can't say no to Kiri. Kiri!

And you're all signed up for the sock-a-month knitalong. Happy socking!

12:53 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

HI 'Emily'! It's 'PJ'! Love the look of your blog and all your pictures! Great job on all your projects!
I vote for "Kiri" (only because I want to make it, too!) Can't wait to see all the Olympic people do there thing :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger AnneV said...

Hihi, I also signed up for the Olympics. Now I just have to decide which team to represent, and oh yes, what to knit. I'll travel by plane during those two weeks, so one thing is sure: I need to knit it using bamboo needles.

And about your scarf selection: I vote for the Snowdrop shawl. Lovely Lacy Shawl would be great, too, but I think that's the notorious Patons pattern with plenty of errors in the instructions. If my memory serves me correctly, it was recently discussed on a knitting list, and the first error was found already on row 17. I don't mean to discourage you, but if this is your choice, it might be worthwile to google the scarf's name and 'errata' before you start.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm de-lurking to say Kiri! The pattern looks simple, but the finished product is gorgeous. Good luck :)

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am partial to "Snowdrop" but they are all pretty!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if I may say so, I'd go for the "Lovely Lacy Shawl"! I've actually immediately printed the pattern and will try my hands on it someday soon.
Whatever you decide for, have a lot of fun knitting and good luck with the Olympics :)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home