Friday, December 03, 2010

Snowy update!

Yesterday I had unexpectedly some more free time. Due to the snow most of my plans (including a trip to my FYS) were cancelled so I spent most of the afternoon at home. It also meant I had some time to take some more pictures of my knitting and to upload the pictures I had already taken. So I can finally update here!


Winter wonderland ...

This is the landscape I could enjoy yesterday! It's been icy cold most of the week, and Wednesday night it started snowing. It kept snowing all through the night and we got this as a morning sight! It's still way below freezing so I hope it'll stay for a while! I know people don't like me for saying this, but it can stay like this all Winter! :D We have taken all needed measures for our car so we can safely drive it (well, what's safely, right?). I went to buy a pair of true Ugg-boots to keep my feet warm. I'm all set! :D

I also used some time yesterday to get some Christmas decorations up (sorry for the bad pictures but at this side of my house there is never enough light to take a picture without my flash) :


Christmas decoration!

Of course there's still a lot of decoration to put up, might share more pictures later!

As for the knitting, there has been some finishing going on in the past weeks. First there's the 6th (and last) sweater of 2010 :


Abalone

Pattern : Abalone by Beata Jezek
Yarn : Hedgehog fibres Silk/Merino singles
Needles : 4,5mm

Unfortunately and to my great dissapointment this sweater is to small, and the bottom doesn't look good at all. As I love the yarn I might rip the sweater and reknit it, but I won't be able to do this before the new year. I think my gauge might have been off as well. We'll see.

Blue Peaks Island hood

Pattern : Peaks Island Hood by Ysolda Teague
Yarn : Textiles the la Marque Aspen (Wool/Mohair blend)
Needles: 5,5mm

This one turned out lovely, but my boyfriend decided it made me look like an old lady. So I decided to gift it to my FYS-lady. She had asked me to knit her one (but in black as she ran out of the blue yarn), but I don't have much time for that anyway. Sad parting it'll be ...

Fingerless mitts

Pattern : My own really
Yarn : Textiles de la Marque Louisa 4
Needles : 2,5mm

I am totally in love with these! They turned out almost perfect, only the top at the fingers is a bit loose (would use smaller needles for the ribbing next time). They are nice and warm as the yarn has some angora in it! Can't wait to knit more of these in all different colours. And then I need a basic pair of (black) gloves to wear underneath! These are perfect to pull over a tin shirt when wearing something sleeveless. But they are also nice and comfy under my jacket as the bulk around the wrists giving extra warmth! I might even try to spin myself some yarn for a pair!



Sister CalorimetrySet of 4 Calorimetry's


Pattern : Calorimetry by Kathryn Schoendorf


As you can see I used various yarns and needle sizes for these (visit my Ravelry page for more info). The blue one is for my sister to wear with her shawl. She wore it to work and her colleague asked one too. So did my mom, so I knitted 4 more for them to choose from. I'm sure the other 2 will get a new owner soon too.

That's it for now. I don't know yet when I'll be back. I have to concentrate on knitting Christmas socks now. It's not easy though as I'm really not in the mood to knit socks. But to keep up with tradition I have to keep on going. Maybe I'll be back with some sneaky knitting soon! :D

Hope you are all enjoying Winter and knitting warm woollies!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've had the snow stuff since Sunday and I can honestly say: I'm done with it!!!

You could get some of that elastic that is very thin at the store and put it in the tops of those gloves... just a bit so that they're less loose!

All of the knitting's gorgeous by the way :)

cheers, Eva

2:52 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

wow, I wish I had that much snow!! We're long overdue for the white stuff here in Toronto. your knits look gorgeous!!

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home