Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A new start with some old projects!

It has been ages since I posted here. It's been busy, and I haven't been feeling to great lately, but I'm knitting a lot and I haven't forgotten about the blog. Some of my favourite bloggers have decided to stop blogging and that's sad. But I do understand. I seem to be on Ravelry a lot and use that site to keep up with everything. I still want to blog though, even if it's only for a few readers!

There are of course a lot of projects to blog about, and I might miss out on a few. But that means I have a few things to write about in weeks/months where I don't have anything else to blog about. I do need to find a method to take some good pictures 'cause I really hate how some of this stuff is turning out. I have a set-up in mind that I might try in the near future, let's hope it works! If you want to check out all my knitted stuff, go to my Ravelry page!

Recently I had I photosession with my boyfriend outside, mostly to fill up the blanks on Ravelry. But I got some pictures of a few of my favourite sweaters (well, I don't have many finished sweaters!). The pictures aren't great (I never do well on pictures and my boyfriend is far from a professional photographer) but at least I can show my stuff now!


Red tweed sweater

(I'm sorry for the white belly showing in the pictures! As I said, I don't manage to look to great on pictures ...)

Pattern : Phildar (Ravelry link)
Yarn : superwash tweed from my LYS

I don't remember much more info of this sweater, I think I knitted it mostly as written in the pattern. It's a bit to short but at the time I didn't have more yarn and it's a bottom up sewed pattern so there is no way to lenghten it. Mabye I'll knit a longer one some day! I love wearing it with a sweater under it!





Glee sweater

Pattern : Glee by Sarah & Rachel
Yarn : Klaziens Kreatie Shetlands Wolle
Needles : 3.25mm and 3.75mm

It took me about a year to knit and even longer to add the closure at the top, but once it was finished I fell in love! I love this sweater and it's really warm! I could have been a bit smaller but it now allows me to wear a few more layers underneath, so that's ok. Good thing I have a huge list of things I want to knit or I would knit this again in not time! :D


I think I'll keep it at 2 projects for now and might try to write another post over the weekend. Would be nice if I could do that.

For those who keep track of my Ravelry page, I put a lot of projects on 'time out' for the time being. It helps me to concentrate on some other projects and I have to say that I since managed to get some older stuff finished, or at least some decent progress. The actual promiss was that I would only start one new project for every 2 I finished, but it's hard to keep doing that. I have knit a few quick projects since, mostly hats. All for others and nothing for me :(. I did finish a quick shawl for me but it was a bit of a dissapointment as I ran out of yarn way to quick. I still need to block that shawl and I will wear it!

Last night I cast on for this scarf (ravelry link again). I hope it'll finish soon, so that I can work on some other projects, but I am in love with the scarf!

As you might notice there are no socks to show. I've decided this Winter will be all about scarfs, hats, and hopefully sweaters. I am finishing the socks I have on the needles and I will knit socks for Christmas for my family (I haven't started them yet - yikes! - but I have decided they will all get thick socks this year so it'll be quick knitting, I hope!), but I'm not casting on new socks for me right now. My sock drawer is overflowing as it is and though the urge to knit more socks is still there, I really want to knit other stuff! I hope to knit up some sweaters, but we'll see!

I have been spinning a little in between, but not as much as I want too. Well, I don't have enough time as it is, so no surprise. Also, still haven't started weaving and the end of the year it'll be a year since I bought my loom. Isn't that sad? I keep on telling myself I'll start something but well ...

Anyway, some proof of spinning :



Maldives - Finished 01

Fiber : Maldives, Hello Yarn Fiber Club
100% superfine Merino, about 5oz
Spun as singles for the Spunky Lace Singles KAL/SAL (again Ravelry link).

Started this shortly after :



Tara ripple scarf

I wanted a simple ripple pattern to show of the striping, so I used the first part of the Tara Stole by Amy King. I'm about half way through the yarn (the big skein of the 2 only) and I hope to finish it, but it's on hold for now as I'm working on a few other projects.



There is more to show so hopefully more to blog about. I am hoping the weather will turn colder soon. It's been very warm out here for the time of the year. I am still hoping we will get snow though I know that might never happen over here. Oh well, one can only hope!

Hopefully see you soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

I'm one of those that has taken a blog break! much needed. You always have such wonderful projects...no way I can keep up. I feel out of touch because I don't do facebook or raverly. I do feel some of my fav blogs are less now because of other quick methods. ...but I'm still here!!! Love your horse and dog pics. So sorry about losing your little buddy in June! I'm not sure I commented on that or not.
But I do want to tell you Merry Christmas today from my new netbook!!!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home