Friday, June 12, 2009

R.I.P. my little friend

Today I lost one of my closest companions. From the 4 cats I have there was only one that would spend his days in the house with me, lay next to me on the couch and sleep with me on the bed. He could open every pot in the house and would steal what he could, but that was just my little big man. He was close to a dog and loved going out back with me to the horse. He would greet me and talk to me. He didn't mind the dogs though he knew to stay away from them.

Last night something went wrong. I have no clue what, but my boyfriend found our guy laying wet in the mud, with our 2 dogs standing around barking. They for sure attacked him as he was really hurt and you could see the bites everywhere. He was alive but barely. We took him to the vet, wrapped in a towel on my lap. He watched me with his big eyes, totally trusting me. I knew deep inside that he could never make it, but he was a fighter from the day we got him and I was hoping he would make it. He fell asleep after getting a sedative, with his head on my hand.

This morning I called the vet and he was still fighting, but around noon he lost the fight. He was probably bleeding internally. I'm now hating myself for leaving him there. I should have been holding him when he died, but I'm hoping he didn't have any pain and was to far gone to realize he was all alone.

I now realize I lost one of my closest friends. I just cannot imagine not seeing him anymore. Tonight we will pick him up at the vet and put him to rest in my moms garden. He was my little fighter, and I will always remember him.

White superbulky hat
Rest in peace my little friend, hope you will forgive me.
Love you forever, will never forget you

Angel
2003 - 2009

5 Comments:

Blogger tinebeest said...

So sorry to hear this. Angel sounded like a fantastic feline companion. R.I.P.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Walden said...

I am so sorry.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear this... Thinking of you.

10:37 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Oh, hugs to you -I know this must be so hard...poor Angel. At 'Rainbow Bridge' your little friend will be a peace! So sorry for you losing your friend!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry. Angel was lucky to have such a wonderful life with you. I'm having pet sadness, too. My dog had back surgery last Sunday and still can't move his hind legs. We are still hopeful and will probably get to bring him home today. I'm pretty anxious about how we are going to care for him, but we'll make it work.

Marsha

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home