Friday, June 24, 2005

Lousy felter

I'm really not good in felting. Why you ask me? I have no clue. I have been thinking it's the yarn, but then again, that's a stupid excuse. So I wanted to make tiny felted bags like this to send to my secret pal and maybe some other people. They look so cute. So I knitted this up Wednesday evening :

I knitted up another model yesterday and put them both in my machine with some jeans. Look what I got after 2 cycles :

I'm SOOOOO dissapointed!!! It looks awful, I'm even embarrassed to show the picture over here let alone that I will mail it to my SP. :( I such a bad person at this.

The other bag you ask? That one is looking better, though not perfect. I'll post pictures later.

Now I'm off to go horse riding. I don't feel like it, not at all, but I don't have much of a choice. It'll be a horrible weekend again, and the weather is still way to hot, so you won't hear much from me I'm afraid. I long for WINTER!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't tried felting yet...but maybe a bit more blocking and shaping would help? It looks like it's STARTING to felt and just needs a bit more fulling and a bit more shaping!! Keep trying!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to me like it needs more felting too, and then drying on a suitable size and shape object. Don't give up! Secret Pal :-)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home