Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another sweater!

Oh my, is it another month already? I'm so busy these days! I think about posting a lot, just don't come around to it. Silly me.

Here we go. I just finished the second "sweater" for IntSweMoDo2010. It's actually a knitted dress, so it makes up for the first sweater I did for this challenge (which I actually only sewed the buttons for this year, so it counts only half!).


White Cashmere dress

Pattern : Luna Dress by Katie Himmelberg (Interweave Knits Fall 2007)
Yarn : one strand of 100% Cashmere and one strand of 100% Wool (with the speckles, from a cone), both from my LYS and no brand! :D
Needles : 7.00mm, 5.5mm, 5.00mm


I started it at the beginning of January 2010 and finished last weekend, so under 4 months for this! :D That's quick for me! Actually, it should have been done sooner. But I couldn't get the sleeves to match. I don't get why the body is knit on the 5mm needles and then the sleeves on the 7mm. So I did the sleeves top down based on the instructions by Barbara Walker. A lot better and very easy to knit this way! Might do a lot more sleeves this way! Of course this dress is to warm to wear now as it's finally warming up over here. I'll wash it and then put it away for Autumn!

I actually pulled my Raspy sweater out of hibernation to finish now, and I'm also knitting a nice striped cardigan (which I think I mentionned last time). I'm making good progress on that one especially knowing that it's next to my bed and I only get a few rows done every day before going to sleep (I have a few other things I have to work on and this way I'm not tempted to knit the cardigan! :D). The list of sweaters and cardigans I want to knit is only growing longer!

Another finished knit is the shawl I started ages ago and I never got around to sewing in the ends and blocking it :

Blue Cashmere Andrea's Shawl

Pattern : Andrea's Shawl by Kirsten Kapur (Ravelry link)
Yarn : 100% Cashmere (same as the dress)
Needles : 4mm

It's actually smaller then I had planned, but still lovely. I started this one before I knitted the one for my mother. I now also need one like my moms, but no rush. First some other knits!


And to end with some spinning I did (which is also a project that was hibernating) :

Secret Garden


This yarn is one ply of silk and one ply of merino. The silk was on the bobbin for ages but I had to little yardage to make something of it (well, not all silk was spun, had to finish it). So I decided to spin some merino and ply the 2 together. It actually gave me some decent yardage. Not as evenly spun as I wanted but ok. The silk lost all of the yellow when I washed it so all of the yellows and greens are gone. It's now only pinks and purples and some blue, which I love of course, but that's again just my faves and I was hoping on something a bit out of my normal comfort zone. Oh well, it's a nice yarn!


I'll try to be back soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Looove that dress/tunic!
Talking about sleeves - I would probably use the needle size both for body and sleeves!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Marion said...

Love the shawl! :)

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home