Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Totally upset

Today I got a letter from the company that offered me a job, that they aren't taking me. It's super upsetting as I really had hoped to get job and to leave the horrible job I am doing now. But no luck. :(

Then I decide to order yarn. That makes me feel good. There's a bunch of lovely sock yarn I want to order at various sites so I went along and started. I already put my order down at Wolhalla yesterday and I got the invoice. As I had to pay through my bank account I took all the info and set off, only to arrive at the bank and see the offices are already closed (it's 4:30pm at that time). I'll go back tomorrow but of course that means one more day of having to wait till my yarn gets shipped.

Coming home I decide I want to order some merino sock yarn to paint myself at KnitPicks . So I go to the website, thinking to order 5 skeins of the merino, 2 skiens of some other sock yarn and those little bags to hold your balls of yarn while knitting. I proceed the whole thing but then I see I can't enter a shipping address outside the US/Canada. I read the information about it and turns out you can pay from over here but they won't ship the stuff over here. What???? I'm close to tears.

So I switch to The Knitting Zone as I know they have some nice Koigu in and they also have the lovely Fixation I want to try (even though sweet Clothesknit is getting me some I just can't wait to order some more). When I change the amounts to 2 balls of each colour of the Fixation the shopping card tells me they are out of those!!!!! Oh my, I'm crying now. I wanted those 2 colours and no others, and I won't just order the Koigu as that would be to expensive for mailing.

And of course my Lorna's Laces and such hasn't arrived yet either. It can take a while, I know, so I'm not giving up. But it's all so dissapointing.

I'm going to order some extra Addi Turbo needles I guess. I wanted to start the new pattern for the SixSocksKnitalong but as I only have one circ of each size in my Addis and they are all in use I can't start them yet. So I need more needles, it's very simple. I'm sure they'll arrive either by the end of this week or early next week, so that's nice.

And I'm going to order some sock yarn at GetKnitted which is a UK based shop. They are pretty expensive but this yarn I can't get somewhere else over here so that's ok.

I'm also in the process of ordering a bunch of Opal and Regia and such at a shop in Germany. It's not easy as the lady running it doesn't understand much English and I don't speak German, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Ok, off now, to make some stitch markers to send to my SP from the Stitch marker swap!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit happens, as they say. But after this day, you can be sure of several shit free days in near future.

Right now I am in one of those shitty days. You are not alone!

1:27 AM  
Blogger me myself and i said...

still want Knitpicks? You can send it to me and I will send it to you. I have seen alot of people do this over at Knitty Coffeeshop with good success. If you want email me at furrworld at yahoo dot com.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home