Sunday, June 05, 2005

Knit-less weekend

Last week was quite busy at work as we had this blindness-awereness week. So a lot of special activities, quite tiring if you ask me. Then because of overtime I had Friday afternoon off. I went to the riding school after a nap and I actually spent the whole weekend with the horses. Friday was washing, Saturday was day out with the band + horses, after that preparing my own horse Blue for some dressage, and then this morning was dressage, and in the afternoon helping with the judging of some other dressage competitions. So yeah, horses all weekend long. I was exhausted most evenings, even today but I took a nap when I got home and I'm fairly awake now (opposite to bf who's sleeping!). If you are interested in a longer write about my weekend you can always visit my LJ (see profile).

I'm going to start on the new sock for the "Six Sock Knit-a-Long" which I am now part off. I want to post the button to the side bar but I just don't know yet how to download these to my own server so right now there's no button yet! The nex sock is really nice and I can't wait to get started on it. Just another sock project!

I did get some knitting done on the Clapotis, but nothing impressive really. I'm about the start the drop stitch rows so that should be interesting. Will post more when I have things done.

The self striping sock is coming along nicely, it'll stay my on-the-train project for now. I'm happy with the striping it does, I'm amazed it turned out so nice!

I heard from my Secret Pal today (will send her an email after this). This is so excited! Contacted my SP a few days ago, and I'm excited to! For my secret pal, my Wishlist is here , I hope the link works, if not search for "Rebecca" in Belgium. If that works. There are a few books on the list I have on order ('Spinning Designer Yarns', 'The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting' and 'Hands on Dyeing') and hopefully that order isn't lost as I'm afraid it is. But to make sure I don't have these books twice, don't send them to me! I only added sock books so far, and some on dyeing/spinning, but I need to add more (not only on spinning) in the near future. These are my most wanted books right now though! Might be ordering some in the near future, but will post that (probably the Vogue knitting on the go-books).

That being said I'm off to do some actual knitting! :D Goodnight all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting the Amazon wish list link up, but it doesn't show your list. I can't find you using Rebecca in Belgium either. Would you please check it? Thanks! Your Secret Pal. :-)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home