Monday, May 30, 2005

Dublin Bay Socks

Yesterday I finally finished the Dublin Bay socks! Let me just say the week ended late! LOL Here they are :



They look quite nice, and I'm not so dissapointed with the 2mm needles as I thought I would be. I will use them again.

I have a big bunch of yarn over (it's handspun handdyed merino from Hello Yarn). I'm going to use it with some kind of slipped stitch pattern, I already bought the black yarn to combin it with! Just need to figure out how to wind it in 2 identical balls so I know I'll be using the same amount for each sock!

Yesterday I started some regular basic socks with the yarn I died myself and the stripes are looking really need! As I know I won't have enough for regular socks (I only died 50grams) I'm using purple yarn for the heels and toes.

I also printed a bunch of free patterns from the Internet, all sock patterns. I can't wait to get started on them! I also can't wait to start dying yarn again, I got about 10 skeins of white sock yarn at the store on Saturday. But my next project will be the cascading leaves I think.

I hope to get my books in the mail someday, I really do. I want to order more books with sock patterns, but I'll do it over here as I will at least get them then.

I'm off to bed now to hopefully get some knitting done. I had to sew a bunch of stuff for work today, have to work extra hours tomorrow and on Wednesday, but I'll probably get off early on Friday. Want to knit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my yarn? Yay! They're absolutely beautiful socks!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home