Monday, May 30, 2005

SP5 Questionaire

I got my secret pal assigned today and I'm so excited! So here is the questionaire for whomever my secret pal is!



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Actually, I do prefer natural fibers. Till a few months ago I didn’t really know the difference between yarn and acrylic but in this short time I’ve learned to appreciate wool so much and by now I already hate the feeling of acrylic. Blends with a high amount of natural fiber are welcome, but there are plenty of acrylics available over here while natural fibers are not so easy to get by.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Yep, both, learned to spin 2 months ago and I am addicted. I haven’t crocheted in a while but I know I can still do it! :D

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Nope, non at all though I have the smell of smoke.4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned at the age of 5 when seeing my mom knit. I knit through all of elementary school and a bit in high school. Started again at the end of 2004 and now I’m totally addicted!


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not yet, I’m going to set up an Amazon one and will post on my blog when I do!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Mostly Vanilla, Lavender, natural smells that aren’t to sweet or to much like flowers. But Vanilla is my all time fave.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not at all. I hate chocolate and I don’t like most sweets, though I like things that are more sour. But you can’t really do me a favour with sweets. Only food colouring like Kool-Aid are really nice as I like them to dye yarn! LOL

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Want the long list or the short one? The most important ones are paper crafts, MailArt, Painting and drawing. I can sew and have a sewing machine, though I don’t do it often. I like creating things with my hands and have tried almost everything possible around here! The only thing I haven’t learned yet is hand-felting.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have an iPod mini and my computer can play MP3s. I like mostly soft rock music, some popular music, R&B and hiphop. I don’t like hard rock, too classic and country. I’m mostly into female voices but will listen to almost everything. A few of my faves are Tori Amos, Heather Nova, The Corrs, Anouk, Laïs, Alanis Morissette, …

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Oh, I’m in love with purple! All shades, love eggplant! I’m also into blues and pinks. I like the darker reds, more like “bordeaux” (like really dark red whine). As for green, more the olive shades. I also like earth thones. I’m not so fond of any fluoriscent colours and I’m not into yellow and orange. Oh, and black, I love black!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Living with a human male, 3 cats, a dog, a horse, a pony and some smaller animals (well, yeah, probably mice, but also some chickens and fish).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Hmm, I want to be happy I guess, do something with my creativity, find a job that suits me better, see part of the world, give a child a better chance by adopting, giving shelter to an abondoned or mistreated animal, see part of the world (hopefully I’ll be able to do some volunteer work outsite my own country one day), find a job I like. I’m still young and have many dreams I guess, but for now I would like to see my mom and sisters happy, and feel at peace myself (the last 3 years have been really rouch).

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Hmm, hard one, I’m still trying things and as I said there isn’t that much natural stuff available. I like Merino and regular wool, cashmere is nice, and silk of course. But I’m open to all natural yarns. Oh, and sock yarns of course! I can't have enough! I would love to try handpainted/handspun (already have some but I like those), and Koigu (hard to get over here), any other nice sock yarn really! And I prefer fingering weight for socks.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Well, acrylic. And so far I haven’t been to pleased with the cotton I knitted with, I’m going to try some cotton blends soon but I’m not sure if I’m a cotton person, right now I’m more a wool-kind of person.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks!!!! I can’t stop knitting them, I have a ton of patterns I want to try, a ton of yarn I want to use! Oh, and I like scarfs and shawls.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks! :D And scrafs.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Clapotis, socks, a top for my mom.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Not my thing, they look fun for kids but as I don’t have kids yet I don’t need patterns and I surely won’t ever wear one myself.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Both I think though circulars are really handy. Yeah, I prefer circulars! :D

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Haven’t tried Bamboo just yet, don’t like plastic (sorry, a young dog and plastic don’t go together, I don’t think my needles would last long), so I prefer aluminium right now.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I’m more like a sock-addict! LOL!

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom teached me at five (I’m repeating here, does it show that I’m a very talkative person?) because I wanted to learn everything she was doing (and back then she still knitted). I also learned how to crochet, cross stitch/hand sew and machine sew at the same age. Then at elementary school I learned a bit more knitting, but I’m only now learning a bunch of new techniques.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
2 months? The top for my mom isn’t advancing at all. Oh, it’s only like 6 weeks I think.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Winnie the Pooh? Yeah, him I’m afraid. Not so much into animated stuff anymore. Favourite animal? Horse, cat, monkey. But don’t send me things like statues or so, things don’t live long over here (again, young dog, 3 very active cats, it just doesn’t fit together!)

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmm, no idea, I’m not so big on holidays. I like Winter.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Except for yarn/needles and craft supplies I don’t have any “active” collections, though I like vintage (nude) postcards.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t have one, we don’t have any knitting magazines over here and I haven’t had a chance to find one abroad. It should have plenty of sock patterns!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Well, books with sock patterns, bags (for felting or not), scarfs and shawls I think. But mostly socks! (I’ll make sure my Amazon list is up by the end of the week!).



That's it! Can't wait to get started! I love getting mail and I really look forward to pampering my secret pal!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! We have a few things in common, a few things different. As it should be! Please put your Amazon wishlist link up soon, then I can really get started on the list of items to spoil you with. Your SP5 pal :-)

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home