Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A quicky

I went to the yarnstore again today and realized the roving I have is not cashmere but pure alpaca, first class super fine and super soft! :D I don't know where I got the cashmere idea from, maybe because I got a few cashmere blends from the store.

I went back to get a bunch more of roving as I knew she would be out soon and this is a one time opportunity. She did tell me she can get me Merino roving if I want. Yay! :D

I also got a big cone of wool for socks (it's tin, so it'll be knitted with 2mm needles!). Some reïnforcement yarn for heels and toes, some mohair (black, to ply with), and some glittery thread to ply with. I wanted a bunch more stuff but will wait. She will have much more when Winter comes along plus she's going to look for sock yarn on cones for me! Yippie!

I got to anther store to buy some dye for the wool to try out. I'm still waiting for the Jaquard Acid Dye to arrive. Lets hope it gets here soon! Can't wait for the books either!

I'm off now, I'm way to tired ...

Oh, one more thing, I showed the lady at the yarn store the sock I was knitting and she complimented me telling me my knitting was so even it was like from a machine! She told me never to get a knitting machine. :D So sweet, but she's a real sweety and I can see myself spending a lot of time there in the future!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HI Emily,
Discovered your blog tonight, and I'm very happy to read your stuff! I live in Rotterdam (so thats close), and like to knit small things (sweaters are to big, or even a poncho on 2mm needles).
I'm trying socks for the first time in my life, and saw your cute little babysocks, where did you get that pattern?
Bye, Ajoursteek (take a look at my blog if you like!)

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home