Monday, May 16, 2005

Yarn creations

It's very sunny outside so perfect to take pictures (though I took them inside, but we have big windows so a lot of light inside).

First pic is the sock yarn I died yesterday with Kool-Aid. I'm in love with the colours! Again, if someone is willing to send me some (anything from red to pink to purple to blue) is more then welcome and you will get a little something in return!

Second pic is some handspun merino I finished a few weeks ago. I got the coloured roving quite a while ago (a year maybe?) when I started planning to spin, and I started spinning with it soon after I got my weel. I finished it and like it a lot! It's quite thin, I think it's sport weight, and I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with this. I was thinking of felting it, but I don't know just yet. If I come across the perfect pattern I will! :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! Look at all the beautiful stuff you're making! I absolutely love that blue handspun skein. I also love the view of your beautiful house behind your buttonhole bag. :)

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its elise, but i'm not sure if my name came up with this...
they look incredible! hooray! im also surprised that the blue was red - they've been doing that lately, color changing kool-aids. it tells you one color, and then it turns to another i don't know why! hmmm...i'll have to keep my eyes open for some true blue.
and, i will be happy to send you more whenever you need it. its very cheap here, i promise! let me know what colors you liked the best and ill keep you stocked. thanks for posting the pics, it really came out *gorgeous*
and i loved your felted bag too, isnt felting fun?

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home