Friday, May 13, 2005

Expecting mail!

I got kind of a weirdo phonecall today. I had 4 missed calls at work and I missed one more at the train station (yeah, there was a strike at the trains today and it was plain chaos in the station so I didn't have the time to grab for my phone which was in the bottom of my bag as always). But as it was a private number I couldn't call back. They called once more when I was at home and it was the PO, which was extremely strange 'cause I never give out the number of my cell phone. We don't have a regular line up here and I usually always gave my moms phone till now as officially I still lived at home (we changed that now so I'll need to start looking which number I'm going to hand out as I don't feel like giving everyone my cell). Anyway, it was the PO to tell me the postman had showed up with a package at my door today but it was returned because the recipient was unknown. That's completely strange as we live above the business of my boyfriend and there is always someone at the desks to recieve packages and they all know me. So something must have gone wrong, which I told the lady on the phone. She read my name and address which was all correct, so I really don't know what went wrong. She told me they would offer it again next Tuesday (Monday is an official holiday) but I asked her if I could pick it up at the PO. She was quite confused herself as none of the official papers were filled out and all, so basically it was a total mess.

But ... the nice thing is that it'll be knitting stuff!! :D I'm expecting 2 packages from the US and I'm thinking it's the Lorna's Laces yarn I ordered to knit the Clapotis. The other package is Jacquard Acid Dye and 4 books about spinning/dying/knitting. But the yarn was ordered first so I hope it's that package (it's the most expensive from the 2 and I can't wait to have that yarn). (Ok, I want the books and the dye as well, now please! :D LOL). It would make sence for the phone thing as I had to give my phone number on both orders and I used my cell as I don't want them to call my mom - who owes the visa - as she would know nothing about the whole situation.

Anyway, I should have some lovely package tomorrow, it'll be a reason to get up early though I don't think I will. Oh wait a min, I can sleep long on Sunday, so I might get up early tomorrow.

I will post pictures tomorrow, now I want to eat and take a shower and watch tele and knit. Hmm, not all at the same time I guess.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh...do you spin? I've been thinking about learning. Must confess I don't know the first thing about it, would definitely be starting at the bottom! :)

Thinking about Clapotis too. Just cuz it seems like I see one on every knitting blog almost - and I'm pretty sure I'm missing out on something!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home