2 pairs of socks!
So, 2 pairs to show. Little, isn't it? Hopefully more soon but I think I have a little to many projects on the needles to be able to finish something up.
Ok, the first pair was started early July and finished in Portugal (quite soon after arriving there).
Pattern : Baudelaire by Cookie A.
Yarn : Regia Silk in red
Needles : 2mm addi turbo for the foot and 2.5mm addi turbo for the leg
These were toe-up and quite nice to knit. I have to say the foot is a bit snug but nothing to bad. I like them a lot! I didn't change anything except for the needles.
Then the second pair was mostly knit in Portugal except for the last part of the second sock (on the plain home) and the grafting of the toe (done at home immidiately after arriving!).
Pattern : Pomatomus by Cookie A.
Yarn : Handdyed sockclub yarn by SpunkyEclectic
Needles : 2.75mm circs
Yes, I knitted them before, but those were for my sister and I wanted a pair for myself! :D I decided to use sportweight yarn (my sisters were done in LL sport and I liked them) due to the big needles asked for. I have plenty for this yarn through yarn clubs so I should knit it up. And I can always use thick winter socks!
I only just made it with the yarn though. I think I could have used one size bigger needles for these, at least I wouldn't have cut it so close with the yarn. This was very nervewracking as I had no scale in Portugal and well, I was so afraid I wouldn't make it. I had already figured I would rip the upper part of then sock and half of a pattern repeat to use for the foot if I didn't make it. The second sock was way more relaxed as I knew I would have enough yarn!
As you can see one sock is slightly different from the other. It has more purple/pink in it. Comes with handdyed yarn I guess. I don't mind though, I like these socks!
There are plenty more socks on the needles! If I manage to find the sock I'll try to photograph it as we've had quite ok weather the last couple of days.
I'm at work and should get some stuff done today, so more later!